Monday 7 September 2015

Let the battle begin..!

It has been 3 to 4 weeks of some serious eating here at home, add to this the new schedules that we are trying to get used to, the lack of exercise, work, kids, Savannah's B-Day... Our wedding anniversary and Felix B-day.. One after another one..!
All good reasons to stuff my mouth, lets face it when you like to eat you can find reasons to do so every day.. And guess what? I really like to eat..

So after all this i stepped on the scale this morning... To be honest not all that surprised by what the little devil machine told me but i was hoping for something better... Hope is the last thing you lost right? I read that somewhere..
The number? Well how to put it? in a way that hurts my ego a little less... 97.8 kilos/ 216 lbs after thinking for a little while I couldn't find a way to put it that sounded any better.. 
What do I look like at this weight? 
Not too bad in street clothes actually


But remember I am a pretend cyclist and Lycra doesn't hide anything... (don't worry this time I will save the picture for my self)

So that said is time to start watching what I eat and what I do to go back to chasing a goal that I can't reach.. My goal? 85 kilos/187 lbs I been chasing this for the last 3 years and the only time I got close to it was because of an accident where I lost a lot of muscle due to bed rest.. As soon as I got up from bed I saw my weight creeping up to where it is today..

How I am planning to do this? 
Simple (in theory) 
- Watch what I eat.
- Exercise
So basically there is no secret right? If it was that simple we all be +Victoria secret models or professional athletes.

Is a never ending war to keep the weight down no? We try this and try that to see what makes it easier and works for each of us.. 
To me what works or better say helps to control and loose some weight is to track each activity and meal that I eat.

Thankfully with networking and technology this task became much easier.. The tracking I mean, the keeping the weight down still hard work..

So how i am planning to do this?
Using this tools:
+MyFitnessPal to track mostly the meals I eat.
+Strava to track the exercise part of it.
#zwift and +The Sufferfest to keep me motivated to go on the turbo trainer.
- Using this blog and all the network of friends and users to keep me going and motivated.
Can you help? Do you want to take part of this challenge with me?
I hope so.. Union makes us stronger to conquer anything.

Hope to see your comment down below with any advise you want to give me or just a cheers for support..

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN..

Pablo Alves.  

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know nothing about losing weight, I'm lucky in that my body basically self-regulates to 60-65kg so I've been in that range since I was 18. But I do know that if you ride lots, it's hard to take on enough food to maintain weight. Earlier this year I was cranking out 7-8000 calories a week of cycling energy expenditure according to Veloviewer, so my advice would be to ride lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you Mike..! And even when you ride a lot is important that you don't take more calories that the ones you are burning.. To me can be really easy to eat more then what I burn..
    This is the main reason why I like to write down everything I eat and do.. simple maths.. Don't eat more that what you burn..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wondering what the scale said today?
    Want to know if it moved?
    Well it did..!!! And even in the right direction..!
    Stay tuned you will hear from me soon..!
    Updates are coming..!
    But in the mean time if you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments..

    ReplyDelete