Monday 14 March 2016

My legs are dead... Long live my legs..!!

To close a busy weekend we had another group ride.. Remember last week when I went out for the first time with some local guys? No? Then go and read the post about it.. and look at the pictures as well.. There is some good ones there..

Yesterday they had in mind a ride a little harder then the one we did last the Sunday before.. If you look at STRAVA you will get an idea of the profile of the ride and the great speed I achieved.. (ha ha ha) can't say that with a straight face..!

The routes for the day?


And as you can see we are getting closer to it..


You ride across some really nice towns... These towns were founded by the Moros during the invasions to Europe hundreds of year ago...


And half way up the first climb I looked back and the view...


The route up... Some switchbacks...


And after dying once getting there... I finally reached the top of the first climb.. My reward???


The view at the top were great..! The peace and quiet was something really nice to enjoy... They made you forgot all the pain and suffering that involved getting up there..


But soon enough my vision turned all blurry again when the routes started to kick back up... Even if it was only a temporary not long raise on the route..


And this became a constant for the rest of the ride... Not so much the blurry vision but me looking at my buddies from behind...


After that rise above we started a downhill where the routes were not great.. The authorities in charge of fixing these are suffering with the rest of |Spain the crisis and their budget was cut.. Since this are secondary routes they do not receive proper maintenance... On the other hand still great because there was 2 cars over 10 km or something like that... Camera went away during this part of the ride that remind me that my father was raise in very similar situations more then 60 years ago... Lots of sheep and olive trees.. Typical for the are..

Camera came back out at the start of the second big climb of the day...


As you could see my riding partners were off the front right away.. I told the go.. I would climb at my own speed.. Sloooowwwwww....!!!!


Some kids coming down the hill from the other way...


And I finally made it to the top..!!!! The sign says is the TOP..!!!


And now was all downhill and some flats... a few bumps before home but fast most of the way..!!
That is what the way home looked like..


It was a great day out.. died twice but I made it home... With a great story to tell and soon after taking a shower and eating something I was ready to go and try to do it all over again.. OK maybe next week..

Now it was time to sit outside and enjoy the family and a well deserved earned drink...

Cheers...!!! Salute..! Salud..!!


Thanks for reading and sharing this story

See you next time

Pablo

The Weekend Report guy

No comments:

Post a Comment