Friday 18 March 2016

Looking for my climbing legs

As the title says I am in the process of trying to get my climbing legs up to speed with all the mountains around here.. Lets face it you can't go for a ride and come back home with at least a few hundred meters of climbing... If you don't believe me look around..


I am so much not used to all this that I am taking it easy getting to the point where I am comfortable climbing all this ups and down.. Trying to to pace my self.. And looking constantly at my +Garmin to see how my body reacts to stuff like this..


But I am a competitive guy like most of the cyclists out there.. So I did the first climb at slow easy pace keeping my heart rate not higher then tempo...
Then when I was half way up the second climb I remember there was a +Strava segment running there and I couldn't help myself the moment the route stopped going up in a steep way I pushed up a little... ;)

But I stopped when I hit the 3rd climb... And started going at a more comfortable pace... I eve took a picture


But as I was climbing I saw something in the distance...


As a good cyclist I was on a mission to catch them... Come on!! Don't tell me you never done it..?? So I started climbing faster.. But keeping an eye at the effort..
And I got closer to them..


Then I got really close to so low clouds... That is MTB territory...


Always good to see that the authorities are concern about our safety... And try to let others know we are around..


Oh remember the guys I was chasing??? Forgot to mention them.. Or take a pic as I went by...


Then I finally got to the top of my final climb where I had this view waiting for me...


It wasn't a big ride but if you are interested in numbers and looking a bit at the profile here is the ride feel free to send me a request... Or even join our Weekend Report Club

This is it for today..! Hope you enjoyed..!

As usual thanks for reading and sharing

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment