Sunday 6 March 2016

Welcome back to group riding..!


Yes...! I found some people to ride with and also managed to actually get my big behind out of the door and ride with them... So this was a constant for today... Me taking pictures from behind that is..

Yesterday while I was trying to recover from my "solo" adventure I got a message from a gentleman named Francisco that began a conversation really quick.. Went like this more or less...

F: Pablo are you in shape yet to go for a ride?

Me: I think so... Just got back from doing a 60 km ride with 1000 meters of elevation..

F: Great..! Tomorrow we are doing a 90 km ride that will take between 4 and 5 hours... You are more then welcome to come...

Me: (in my head WTF?) Well to be honest I don't know how I will feel tomorrow since it has been a while since I've done a 60 with 1000....

F: Well we are counting with you..!!!! We meet in this place at 9 am... See you tomorrow..!?

Me: I will do my best and will evaluate when I get up in the morning.. Thanks..!!

Now you can guess how I felt this morning right? Well I felt fine but a bit nervous since I didn't know what kind of riders they were or what kind of people for that matter..

So I rode down to a park very close to my house and there they were..!!! Nice to see people on time..!!! We introduce and soon after we were on our way to a great day of riding..!

My companions and our playground for the day....


Going slow up the hills has some benefits... I see everything around me..


Look at the mountains in the back... But don't miss the tiny road on the bottom left..


Mountains.. Blue water at the dams and warm weather... (don't hate me)


More water... More mountains and some human made structures there... Almost blending in..


Last one from the dam... Maybe? But look at that view..! Full of peace..!


Did any of you ever hear about Camino del Rey ??? No? Well I recomend you to +Google Chrome it and find out about it... I heard is a 2 year waiting list.. (????) Here is a piece of it... between the 2 mountains..


But you might be asking... What the roads look like? Well like this..


I can imagine that in the Summer we are going to stop here for a swim...


And there were windmills...!!!!


Lots of them..!


And then they got really big when we were close to them.. This pic is for a friend in the +UK Photography Community that loves them.. TC for you..


At this point we were done with 95% of the climbing and we had a very looooong downhill were the camera went inside my best till we got to Coín.. It was a fast downhill something like 15 km long..Fast but thankfully not too steep...

After we got back into town +Strava told me that I had 90 km and a bit over 1200 meters of elevation.. My companions and my belly told me to sit down and enjoy the refreshments..


And after 3 weeks in Spain I finally had a taste of the famous Paella..


Everything went down very well with some local beer... And a bit of water to re-hydrate after the ride...

While waiting for the check this picturesque character rode by and present himself for this picture...


And that is what my day looked like from the saddle today.. I have to say that I am happy to have find out a group of "gentlemen" I call the like that because that is what they are..

Thank you for reading and sharing

Hope you enjoy today's adventure.. See you next time..!!

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment