Saturday 12 March 2016

Looking for "La Bola"

This was one of those rides that started way before you step out of the door... On top of the normal stuff going on when you are getting ready to go out I had no idea where I was going..!

What this means? It means that the night before I spent some time getting a route ready.. Making sure that the routes were not that heavy with traffic and the whole issue of creating the route... Downloading the route... And then uploading the route into the +Garmin, mine is an old version, I still own the Edge 500 that helps when you have no idea or where you are going... Maybe one day I'll get my hands on a 800 or since we are wishing in a 1000...!!!

What the ride and routes looked like today? Well I know you come here for the cycling pics.. Some of them are coming..!!!

What would Florida look like if they had hills?? Something like this...


At the start of my ride the route just kept going up and I was going so "fast" that I had time to pull the camera out and take a new form of selfie...


Where was I going? I was going to Alhaurin El Grande, distance on that sign doesn't say much.. But the views made up for the lack of distance..


My destination for the day? Look..


Now what is this? No clue.. But made for a nice view in the distance..


Lets take a closer look..!! Should we??


And here is where the ride turned around... What do I mean? Well lets say that I was riding the wrong bicycle for the conditions that were ahead of me..


What I had ahead of me was a MTB trail park..! I mean seriously..! And me on a road bike..!! Not only the roads were full of big rock they were also steep enough to get hurt or break the bike... But lets see the bright side of it... Beautiful for MTB !!!


After this stop I was standing around a corner and a local person stop by and asked me where I was going..? I told him I wanted to go La Bola.. He looked at me.. Looked at the bike and told me.. You can't make it up there on that bici (bike) So after that i headed home...
But before I got home I had a nature break and while checking the bike I saw this gentleman walking up the route I took for my break and started talking to him.. Reiner (forget my spelling) he is a bike tour guy from Germany and is working here in Andalucia for a tour company that I will check later.. We were talking about this and that exchanged pictures and stories on the side of the route and he might be reading this one day.. (halo Reiner..!!)

Well after the chatting I was ready to head home.. And this was my way back home...


After all the ups and downs of the day +Strava told me THIS WAS DONE not a big ride but would be nice if there was a way to know if the routes you are taking or using to plan your ride are paved or not.. Suited for road biking or MTBiking... 

Hope you enjoyed the stories and pictures from today

Thanks for reading and sharing it..

See you next time

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment