Thursday 18 February 2016

The Golden Rules?

As part of our new life here in Málaga, Spain we decided to get the kids out the door a bit more and away from all the video games, computers, tablets, DS's, X-box and whatever else they are using that goes beyond my knowledge.

Now we do not have the excuse of the bad weather... Doesn't rain all that often and the temperature is just borderline perfect.. So NO EXCUSES...!!! 

Lets take a walk around to see the different activities... Karate..!!! MTB for kids..!!! (did you see the picture about this in the pictures page of the blog?) Basketball..!!! (so many memories!!) and lets face it this is España..... FUTBOL...!!!

After studying the different options for the little one and asking the main person involved in taking part of the activity we decided for.....:


The little man choose to play futbol... Don't ask me why I am not a futbol person and we only watch soccer when the world cup is on... But he can't deny the German/Argentinian gene pool he has right?

I was so happy to see him running and having fun with other kids his age just wearing shorts and a t-shirt under the warm sun of South Spain... This another reason we moved here.. For the kids to be that.. KIDS... Been outside run and play with others like them to us is very important and believe it or not the weather has a lot to do with this... Is impossible for them to be outside if the weather conditions don't allow it...

After the practice was done and we were walking out of the field I found one of the best picture and signs ever..!!! And perhaps should be golden rules when it comes to kids and sports.. But is not up to me to decided on this one... Is just up to me to put it out there and maybe help someone to remember why we wanted our kids to play sports.


Yes they are in Spanish but don't worry I do my best to interpret the meaning of each one... Translation doesn't make justice or gives the true meaning of them:

1- DO NOT yell at me and give me instructions.

2- DO NOT yell at me in public.

3- DO NOT yell at the coach.

4- DO NOT say anything bad about my team mates.

5- DO NOT say anything bad about the other team either.

6- DO NOT say anything to the referee.

7- NEVER loose control.

8- DO NOT tell me my mistakes after the game.

9- DON'T FORGET to smile and have fun with me.

10- DON'T FORGET this is just a game, I will do what I can but doubt I will become the next


"SUPER STAR'

Hope this lines can help someone out there or someone you know to remember the true meaning of playing any sport at young age, as a kid all you want is to have fun and even better if the parents join and have a smile while doing it.

Thanks for reading and sharing

See you at the next post..

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment