Sunday 3 April 2016

The Sunday Classic

By classic I do not mean we do the same ride.. By classic I don't mean we are hardcore like those poor people in Belgium with those huge cobbles and horrible weather (respect to them) By classic I mean to get together with the guys and head out for another adventure in two wheels...


But since today was one of the best Classics races on the world I did a small detour to get a shot of the local cobbles...


There is a few streets here in town that have cobbles in it... And there is something on those with black and white pictures that made them look extra especial..


After that I rode to meet the guys so we could head out to start our Sunday ride.. Under the Andalusian sun..


Our routes today as you can see in this pic were the usual up or down... Almost never a flat route.. The views? I let you be the judge of them..


What is the best part of riding in a group for you? To me? has to be the having fun in a group..


But after a few kilometers of riding was time to start the climb to the top of the first climb of the day... Juanar climb if you look at the link at the bottom..


The first 2 kilometers are the harder part after that you have this steady climb with blue skies that are all around you...


Until you finally reach the top where is a hotel for people that like adventures, peace and quiet..


And then we all got together for a group picture at the top of this beautiful climb.. The group of the day..??


Then was time to descend... It was time to search for our next climb... But to get there we almost went down all the way to Marbella.. This translates for me as a fast descend for about 8 kilometers.. At anything over 30 km/h the camera stays in my jersey and I try to be as safe as possible so there is no pictures of this part... All I can tell you is that it was fast and with some windy sections that gave a bit of character to the descend...

Finally we reached the town of Ojen where our next climb begun... After a quick stop to fill the water bottles we started climbing and it was a fast pace..!! (we are talking amateur level here) My heart rate was above tempo so I had trouble keeping up with the faster guys.. (the climbers) so was hard to breath and keep the pedals spinning fast enough... (did I mention I am 99 kilos right?) So forgot all about the camera..!!! No pictures here either...

After we got to the top it was time to head back for home..Nice..!!! From this point to Coin is almost all downhill..!!! We are probably going to take it easy and just roll into our city for a beer.. WRONG..!!! All out again for 30 minutes till we got home..!

For those that like numbers and routes here is a link to +Strava .... Up, down and around

Thanks for reading and sharing 

See you next time

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment