Saturday 7 May 2016

My Giro climbing challenge experience..

As a cyclist a lot of times we sign up for stupid hard challenges.. Like is very fun to push our self beyond the common understanding of our partners or non-cycling friends...

How many times you got a "I don't even drive that far!" "How long were you out there?" And many other ones that only another cyclist can understand...

Well this time is no different.. What did I sign for? Not much really but I am sure you heard about the +Giro d'Italia  and +Strava right? Well did you see what they came up with? Let me show you..


That is a lot of climbing..!!! In a normal month I climb around 10.000 meters sometimes more sometimes less but always around that number.. (lately I do less then that) And now I went and sign for this..!!!??? That is double the amount of climbing I do in a month and I am trying to do it in 23 days..? Oh well is worth trying... Right?

So next time you are reading around the web and see this logo:

Make sure you stop by and see what that crazy cycling friend is doing this time around... Don't forget to give them Kudos..!!!

And for me? Well is going this way so far...

DAY 1: Rained..! And I mean there were rivers in the streets..!!! So.. No riding for me.

DAY 2: Now we are talking..! 1490 meters at least I am moving..! 

DAY 3: Rained all day again..! I see a lot of hill repeats this week...

DAY 4: Rained.. Had to pick up the kid from school and make dinner... Big fat "0" again..

DAY 5: Seriously? Rained again! I see my chances getting smaller by the day..

DAY 6: Finally stopped raining..! Add a little 706 meters maybe I can get out again later???
So I went and hit the local climbs.. And one not so local but I wanted to get away from the same street... Not bad for a day 6 with drizzle to start but some nice sunshine to the end.. Maybe I can get some more riding in if it doesn't start raining again..

DAY 7: FFS...!!! I thought I moved out of Belfast..!!! It rained again..! Tomorrow is suppose to stop raining.. Charging the camera and the GPS for the day ahead..!

And after a nice ride... was time to have a refreshing drink..



And that was my day 1, I mean 2 but really 1... You know what I mean right? 

Stay tuned for updates on the matter... 

Hope you enjoyed day 2 and see you next time with an update..!

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy



No comments:

Post a Comment