Friday 3 June 2016

Off roading..!!!

The beauty about having a CX or gravel bike is that you can venture off road as long as the "roads" are not to rough.. Mine are OK to do some exploring and discovering... Not to mention to break the routine of always doing or riding under the same conditions...

Here is my playground for the day..


Was on and off the limestone roads for a while..Then was a rougher trail like road with lots of loose rocks that I didn't stop to take a picture of... Then I discover this switchbacks on a less then ideal country road.. This road was asphalted but the conditions are to be careful while descending..


After going downhill for a while and not being familiar with my surrounding I turned around and stared climbing the switchbacks.. This one gives you and idea... (loved the shade while climbing)


After finding my way to another road I followed it to see where it was taking me... I was in for a treat..!!


The picture this time doesn't make a justice of the beauty of this spot..! Imagine the sound of the water falling as you take a breather...


I was really close to take my shoes off and jump in.. Instead I sat down and enjoyed the peace..


Play around with the camera and the bike for a bit and came up with this pic..


The trees, roads and views made up for some great lighting and effects.. (the best of the day?)


But it was time to head back home.. And the way out of this valley??? Oh my....!!!
Gravel...


And when the inclines on grave were done I had this 20% inline on a rough road... 200 meters or so of it..


Half way out of the valley I looked down to see this view... (next time I will look for that lake)


And then we had more gravel...As you were climbing...


And no wonder I only saw like 5 cars in an hour I was messing around there...


Not complaining at all..! The sign says that from june to October only residents and authorized vehicles... It was great..!!!

And to finish on my way home I hit two more climbs and 300 meters of what? Cobblestones..!!! The ride and adventure was a real treat and when I start giving the guided tours here in Spain this will be an option..!!!


 If you coming to Malaga and want me to show you around get in touch... I gill be pleased to help you and show you around.. Use this opportunity now that I am not charging anything.. A donation will be more then welcome, have to pay the bills somehow...

Thanks for reading and sharing..

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

If you wish to support this blog please donate to The Weekend Report Guy thanks in advance! And really special thanks to those that suggested this and already helped the blog..!

No comments:

Post a Comment