Monday 31 October 2016

A man on a mission

Last night i started to prepare my assault to the 2 big climbs of today… No I was not aiming for the KOM.. Is totally out of reach for me.. But I sure could beat my previous times..!!!
The first climb? Cerro de Hijar is a 7.1 km climb at around 5% qualifies as a cat 2 where my previous best attempt was 32:10 over that distance… Today’s effort?? 27:48 I felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest but I kept pushing.. 
It feels so good to see some improvement on my climbing… But it will be a while before I attack that climb again..
Some pics of my friends as they were getting to the top
Don Antonio… 57 years old and usually kicks my butt on every raise of the road… (also weights 63 kilos)


And the last one? This is the look of someone that gives everything on a climb…
Then we had to ride for a little while to reach the next climb… I am sure some of you will remember the climb to el Juanar… This is another climb that is not long, at least the part that I wanted to do better at… El Juanar is a Cat 3 climb at 6% where the first km probably is the worst part… My previous best time here was… 20:30 and today’s effort was… 18:50..!!!
Not bad for a 100.4 kilo rider right??
As you can see this place and me can adapt to almost any requirements.. By this I mean that if you want to ride hard when you come I can make you ride hard.. If you want to take it easy and stop to take pictures everywhere we can do that too..!! I am happier with the latest option...
Start planning your next trip to Málaga and I will make sure you have one of the best times of your life on the bike... Or at least try..
If you want to join our +Strava Club Pablo's Cycling Tours
And our +Facebook page to stay in touch Pablo's Cycling Club Page
See you next time.. Or maybe soon?
Pablo

No comments:

Post a Comment