Sunday 30 August 2015

A not so traditional Sunday ride.

Hello friends..! 
As part of a club I am member here in Belfast, Northern Ireland we have what we call "Traditional" rides. For example here is a pic of what we normally ride on Sunday's morning:


We do this same loop every Sunday morning.. Every Sunday there is something new, someone new or something that makes the ride to be unique..
Is a nice loop with a few ups and downs...Around 40 km. Most of the ride can be done on the big chain ring (I ride a compac so there!) if not you can always use your small chain ring right..?

Well today's ride had it's own character.. Wondering what was special this time around?
Do you realize this is open roads so is road biking right?
Well to break the routine and also because my road bike is at the shop waiting to know if it can be fix or not.. I took my CX bike out to do this ride.. 

The Trekross handled it well..! The down hills were smooth, it also helped that it was dry this time.. You have to enjoy this days around this part of the world, sunny and dry is a very good day here..!
I also have the legs to to the original loop at a nice pace.. The extra part was another story...

So what did I do today?
Since I was riding the Trekross I sent an e-mail out last night letting everyone know that i was going to leave 10 minutes earlier to try to stay away of the main bunch or get caught by the coffee stop or close to it..
To my surprise when I got to the start point there were 3 other guys waiting for me and they wanted to take it easy so they joined me on my early start of the loop.
We left at 7:36 from the church where we meet.. The faster, bigger bunch usually leaves at 7:45 or something like that.. Usually a few minutes later since is a thing for fun we don't like to be too strict with the start times.

Here is a picture of my bike for the day and a hill right at my door steps.. You can see the city of Belfast in the horizon..

Some of the view we rode by today..?
I went by here twice today
Stormont Park, Official building at the top of that hill


Then rode to the top of this local hill, Strabo Tower.


And from the top...Of Strabo..


 And this is very much what my Sunday looked like riding ways,,


So that was my Sunday on the bike.. Later on we might go hiking with the kids to a local park where is a nice trail... (hmm... trail....)

Oh for those that like Strava and would like to look a bit deeper into the data of the ride I leave you a link to my profile HERE

Till next adventure..

Pablo Alves.

No comments:

Post a Comment