Saturday 19 September 2015

Not just a Saturday ride.

It was a special day today, you could feel it at the start of our "traditional" Saturday run.. People smiling.. lots of people showing up, so many that we had to split the groups in order to have a safe ride..

Half the bunch in this shot.. close to 20 (?)


As you noticed all the shots I take are from the back of the bunch.. As I am fat and slow and to add dilemma I am riding my CX bike, like I am not slow enough on my own.. But oh well..

This pics were taken after the mist was gone.. I could not see much since my glasses kept foggin up so the first hour or so I rode without them... Then I could see the route and take clear shots of my companions for the day..



So after 2 hours chasing those guys around at a (thanks boys) civilized pace was time to stop to have a cup of coffee and perhaps a little something to refuel the system for the way home...

The little something + coffee


Up to here we all were riding together.. But I wanted to have a little head start after the coffee stop and I took off on my own expecting the slower riders to follow but that never happened and I ended up riding the whole way back to Scrabo on my own.. No boys and girls I wasn't super strong.. Someone had a flat so they all waited for it and them took off...It was really estrange not to be caught by the bunch.. Now I know why...

So after we regroup at Scrabo it was time for a picture session... Yes we had to poss for pictures for a great event that the guys are putting together and unfortunately I won't be able to do for more then one reason..

The event? L2L500 is a 3 day event that my buddies are putting together to ride 500 km in 3 days around Northern Ireland... Tough guys..!
But the part I really want to mention to you all is that on the side they started running a charity for different organizations and collecting donations and working hard to help others.. If you want to help them to help others follow this LINK, is for a good cause!

Thanks for donating..!!!

So it was picture time..!!! A few pics I took?
The boys getting ready for the shooting..


Look at the happy faces for a good cause..!



And may this day be remembered as the day that the 0745 Rouleurs took over Scrabo (tower)


After the session was time to head home and enjoy the rest of the day with the family and some friends that were coming over.. It was a great day all around..

The ride itself? Does it matter? Ok just for those that like numbers and maps I will leave you a link to the +Strava LINK HERE

I could post here pics of the BBQ we had and the beer I am drinking but I have the recipes part for this stuff...

Hope you guys are having a great weekend as I am..!! We Still have tomorrow..! 

Maybe I will have something good to write about and some decent pictures as well..!!!

Till next adventure..!

Pablo


P.S: Go Rouleurs!


No comments:

Post a Comment