Monday 21 September 2015

The two halves ride

My Sunday started like most of the Sundays of the year.. Getting up.. Having breakfast.. Using the toilet.. Filling my water bottle.. Pumping the tires..Taking a quick look at the bike.. All good time to set off..!

Sunday Traditional ride.. I mentioned this one before.. (check previous post for full description) but like every Sunday this one had to have something different right? Well whenever things need to spiced up leave it up to me..!

So how can we make this ride unique? I been riding the CX bike for a few days (month) already and certainly can't hold on to the wheel of the fast guys and end up somewhere like 5 minutes behind them on the normal loop.. And slowing them down a lot.. So What to do?? I know..! After Saturday I saw a lot of tired faces.. So decided to set an earlier group to leave before the main bunch..

So sent an e-mail letting everyone else know and that I would meet anyone else at the start point to leave 10 minutes before the big, main and mean bunch...
So here I was and another guy showed up and we left knowing that the bunch will be on our heals in no time..!

We were off and set a pace that we could hold.. Bah the other guy was setting the pace.. I was having a hard time holding his wheel.. We were doing some 28 km/h for the whole loop and I am guessing the mean main peloton left later then usual or was having an off day because I never saw them.. Woohoo...! One for the rabbit..!! We got away..!!

Left my riding partner and headed home. Not before saying thanks for the towing services.. The CX bike is going to kill me..!

As I got home asked my lovely wife if she was serious the night before about starting to ride with me.. For my surprise she was..!!! She run upstairs change clothes and was ready to leave..!
Hey hold on..! I have to set the bike for you..! So took some quick measurements and set the bike for her... Dropped the saddle... Move the sit forward.. All those little things and she was ready to go..! She even started her +Strava app on her phone to track the ride..!!!

So here she is going a bump on the path..! She seems to be smiling..!


The weather and views were very nice..! Specially the weather, remember we are in Belfast..


We had to deal with bad traffic... ;-) (no we didn't)



We had the opportunity to see an alien riding its bike as well..! +NASA should look here on earth :)



And we made it home in time to cook lunch for the family as a family..!



Proud of her..! She did very well for the first time on a road bike..! She is also looking forward to our next ride.. and so am I..!

By the end of the day my +Strava said I had 75 km and like 600 meters done for the day.. But to be honest I didn't really care.. I had the best 23 km of riding at the end and to top it off with my best buddy...!!

Thanks for reading my blog and hope you come back for more stories like this..

Suggestions and advice is always welcome, I am new at this writing stuff..

Pablo

The Weekend report Guy





No comments:

Post a Comment