Tuesday 29 December 2015

What did 2015 look like?

Yes is that time of the year when we come to look back and see what this year left us... In my case it was a year full of ups and downs but where I want to remember that I finish better that the way I started..

You remember how my year began?


At the end of 2014 they just removed the cast of my leg and at the start of this year I wasn't even allowed to step on this leg...

After a few weeks the doctors gave me the OK to start doing some "light" cycling indoors... Light cycling hahahaha...!!!! But so it began the route back to be on my feet...


It wasn't long after I got back on the trainer or turbo trainer like my friends here in the UK called it that someone recommended me certain indoor product to keep me motivated during my rehab period.. That was the start of a new friendship with the program..The developers and a whole new lot of other people riding indoors for different reasons.... That was the start of Zwift and me...



And the picture from the top explains how much time I spent on the bike when I wasn't able to do anything else basically.. 4305 km indoors..! That is a lot of time on the saddle..!!! But it really helped me to get back on my feet and walk almost normal now... Funny memory?? after a few sessions with the physio they told me "Keep doing whatever you are doing at home" that is much better then anything else they could do for me....


But to me was easy to spend that amount of time on the bike.. I had the support of my family and friends from all over the world.. And that made the whole rehab process much easier..

The key moments of the year? Let me think for a minute... If I had to pick one... YES..!!! Has to be the +Giro d'Italia +Discover Northern Ireland  you know the event to remember the time that the Giro started here in Belfast..

What was this all about? It was somewhere around 200 km of misery, rain, wind and cold weather that lasted over 7:30 hours... Where I had the pleasure of meeting a cycling legend like Stephen Roche...



Where Richie Porte was riding as well but I could not take a shot of him.. (he missed it)

There was lots of people, the organization was very good but I hope they do better with the rest stops and the food that they give there... Gels and whatever the other stuff was is not enough.. But they know they messed that part up...


But after all the hard hours on the saddle it was all worth it when I finally got home to get the kiss of my personal podium girl...


The +Strava link to the route of that event?? Giro di Italia Northern Ireland 2015

After June the weather was up and down... We didn't have a real Summer and that truly bothered me.. I never got into a real rhythm where I was comfortable on the bike.. So my fitness was on and off as well...

Had good months and bad months...


So now that we hit the end of the year I look at my numbers and see:

DISTANCE: 9536 KM

TIME ON THE SADDLE: 362.5 HOURS funny.. Almost 1 hour a day in average..

It was a great year if you considered where I was coming from... Now that we reached the end of it all I can do is look back and say THANKS to everyone involved in my getting back on the bike and almost at 100 % in everyday activities...

Thanks for reading and sharing

Pablo

The Report Guy

The Weekend Report Club Strava








No comments:

Post a Comment