Monday 20 June 2016

Climbing...Well trying...

Headed out not very sure of what I was going to do… The only certain thing is that I was going to meet my Colombian friend for a ride.. So I did meet Jose..




We headed down to the town of Mijas… Passed it and got to Benalmadena and this was our turn around point… Here is when I asked Jose how he was feeling and he: I am fine.. Legs feel good… And I said to him then I am going to add a detour to our ride… Another hour more or less… Is OK? Yes… Ok then.. Pace yourself I told him..
Our future destination…. The antennas all the way at the top…
As per usual he didn’t listen… Colombians and climbs…!!! The climb is 8 km long at 8.whatever % and the last 5 km is 10% I was in no rush..
Another 4 km to go and the climb did get easier… 9% for a while.. :wink:

Freaking Colombians..! Slow down..! Can you see him ahead??


But the diesel engine keeps going all the time… Look who I caught up with..!!


I told you to pace yourself..!!!!!


With about 2 km to go Jose felt behind and I was on my own… But the target was closer..!!!


My reward? After about 50 minutes climbing I got to the top and took this pic…


You can see in the pic above the Sierra Nevada in the far back left and the Mediterranean Sea to the right becoming one with the sky…
Did Jose made it? Yes he did..!!! And this guy passed him on the way up… Then I took a pic of him and the other guy for the record of getting to the top of "El Repetidor de Mijas" That is the name of the climb..
So how did I do on my second try? I did better..!! I have a few more km in my legs and getting used to climbing… I think I went up like 10 minutes faster then last time but there is no record since Strava didn’t recognize my riding in that segment..
The STRAVA LINK and all the numbers…. If you are lazy.. is 58 km… 1479 meters in 3 hours..
Hope you liked my Friday adventure...
See you next time
Pablo
The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment