Saturday 11 June 2016

♪♫...Is getting hot in here...♪♫

Title says very much everything right? Well if not here is the story of yesterdays ride..:

Got a message around noon letting me know that we would be departing at 4:30 pm to do a road bike ride… Would be also important to know that the state authorities sent a yellow warning because of the heat… No idea what the color warnings are.. Lets assume yellow means be careful.. So that said I got ready and left the house with 2 bottles of ice… Yes you read right.. I left with 2 bottles of ice…
Met with 4 other guys and we were ready to leave town 5 minutes after they had some ice coffee… By now I already had drank about 1 liter of water at home, getting ready for what was ahead of me or possibly could be..
I knew about the heat and was sort of ready for it… But I was not expecting the wind..!!! for the first 2 hours and maybe a bit more we had a cross wind that moved my bike around a few times.. And when it didn’t come from the side it came from the front… Sections where normally we cruise at 30 km/h were done at 18 or 20… You get the idea? Heat and wind=bad combo..!!
I didn’t try to take too many pictures because I was struggling a bit with the heat… But this one came nice… Right before Estacion de Cartama..
This one is coming out of a tunnel into the light… You can see the cyclist in between the lights?? No filters on this pic.. No idea why is this way either..
At the top of our climb of the day… You can keep going up but we had enough of climbing and head wind by now..
The rest of the group behind me… And an opportunity to show how I take my pics? Look at my shadow..
So what the weather was like? I know I mentioned hot and windy… But did you see how hot? Average for the ride says 36 C…. That is 96.8 F… Average..! (now I will go and see what was the max recorded) I drank 6 water bottles in 3 hours and not counting the beer after the ride..!!!
All this didn’t stop me from hitting 57 km/h on a flat section for a few minutes… It was fun to hear everyone popping behind me..!! 57 according to my friends.. I didn’t look at the computer… Then I popped myself and took a few minutes waiting at the top of a bump to recover…
The Strava thing… for those that like it..
And that was my Friday… Today? Family, shopping and rest by the beach…??
Thanks for visiting my blog
Pablo
The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment