Monday 6 June 2016

The extended weekend..

One of the things I do not fully understand here in Spain is how every little town has their own holidays... Well today was my little town turn to have his... Where do I live? Coín for you..!

So we had another day off.. To me makes no difference really since I am still in the process of validating my paperwork here in Spain while I am looking for work but not luck so far... Thanks God my wife is working and I can stay home for now and take care of the kids, the house and the pets... But I am not going to lie is getting a bit frustrating...

BUT it has a positive side to it right? I can venture out almost every day on my bike and take pictures and write stories that I believe you enjoy and makes you pass a few minutes traveling around Spain thanks to the internet... Maybe one day we meet on the roads???

Well too much blah, blah blah already..!!! We went for a ride down the beach with a few detours... First we went to Alhaurin el Grande before heading into the mountains of Mijas and here is where the real fun begun.... But I posted many pictures of these climbs before.. You can look them up on the previous posts...

Today was about the beach...
Here is one pic as we got to the beach area on what I believe was Benalmadena


The images are great to perceive the peace and quiet of a Monday morning by the beach.. I would say was around 10:30 AM but I wish there was a way to make you breath the sea air as you were riding... That is something that you have to come down and experience for yourself... A true amazing feeling!


In between your riding you can visit the other towns.. Or why not just ride along the Mediterranean sea while you visit them? Fuengirola


As I was telling you... there is a great marine path where you can enjoy a relaxed ride by the beach.. Follow her example...


And eventually when you get enough of the beach and the flat lands you can make a short detour to start climbing almost right away...


While you are climbing you will have this amazing surrounding where the sun and mountains will keep you company for as far as you can see...


Now don't forget that this is Spain and if you decide to come here for a ride you will be HOT so is very important to have 2 full water bottles and plenty of sunblock..!!! So you can enjoy this roads..


What the routes are like? Let me tell you I was glad to be going the other way here... Not that was much less getting here..


So at that point I put the camera away to start the downhill into home... No I am not that crazy to take pictures while doing over 50 km/h on the bike...

As a resume and the route for you here is a LINK to the +Strava ride, you can have a better understanding of the ride and the routes by looking at the profile and speeds that the +Garmin records while I am riding...

Thanks for reading and SUPPORTING this blog...

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE ONES THAT DONATED

No comments:

Post a Comment