Thursday 28 July 2016

Remember La Vuelta Stage 2 of 2015??

I am not going to get into details.. Main reason I do not like to do research.. It was a finish at la Vuelta last year I believe..
And I went up it… Slowly… But I did it..
Getting there… You pass this lovely area..
New experience.. Ride under the clift..
Let the pain begin… Bobastro is the name of the climb as well..
Jasper lives in this town so I am guessing he had a lot of friends over.. Lots of paint on the road.. failed to get good shots of them..
Another one 15% or so ramp..
I thought I was was climbing into the sky here..
Over the shoulder hairpin shot….
Photo finish at the top?
And if you pass the finish line you can see this
And farther up the route..
Time to head home… Another climb before we hit a big long downhill with a massive head wind.. I mean really bad one.. Here I took the front for 99% of the time..
23 km of fun against the wind…

But all was worth it.. We had a great day out and finished with a few claras and chips with jamon serrano..
So my extended weekend was:
Thursday: 38 and 750
Friday: 64 and 770
Saturday: you saw this one up there… Yes the one I posted earlier.. Killer ride.. Seriously..
Today: 98 and 1600
The week was a nice one and a new record high in numbers for me here in Spain:
15 hours
368 km
5505 meters of climbing
I am chasing my 10.000 kilometers… So far? 4163 km ridden…
As I mentioned in previous posts I started offering my services as a bike guide3 around this beautiful area of the world.. So if you decide to come this way and want to have someone with some local knowledge of the area and the language give me a call, send me a message or use the Facebook Page to get in touch with me..
Thanks for reading..and see you soon..!
Pablo
The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment