Sunday 23 August 2015

What did you do Saturday?

Good morning world..!

Yes is Sunday morning and I thought why not tell you a bit about my, our Saturday as a family living in Belfast, Northern Ireland...

Yesterday we had a small birthday party for our daughter and a few of her friends.. Nothing big or fancy but a nice opportunity to show the local people a little taste of my home country... WHAT? I haven't made a comment about where I come from? Oh well that seems like a good topic for another post..

Back to the kitchen, I mean to the subject... So we had people over and the kids and I decided to go for Empanadas Argentinas to show our friends what we like to eat.. You want to see what they look like?

Here:


Ooops...! That is not the finish product... But we are getting there don't worry... This is call an empanada "disc" and is what you have to make first in order to cook the dish... I never said it was easy.. Did I? (but trust me is totally worth it!!!)

So after getting the dough ready and cook the stuffing we were going to use it was time to stuff the discs and oven bake them, you could also fry them but you have to use a different recipe for the pasty.. if you try to fry this ones will fall apart the moment they hit the hot oil..

I know by now you are salivating and want to see the finish product.. OK i will make you happy...

Here are the ham & cheese ones (with Béchamel sauce)


Yes i know the picture has a lot of presentation and production in it but you want to know something else? They taste better then what they look..!!!


We also made some beef and vegetables ones, this is a home recipe that I remember my Mom and ants making in the kitchen for family reunions....Aaaaah #memories from growing up flashing in my head..



This one is was stuffed with ground beef, sweet peppers, onions and boiled eggs and spices (salt, pepper and cumin) I will be right back let me see if the kids didn't finish them...YET!!

So everyone helped in the kitchen, while I was rolling the discs the wife was stuffing them and the daughter closing them... A nice line production and a family activity.. Aaah almost forgot..! The little man was the quality tester since he couldn't wait for them to come out of the oven..!!!

So that was my Saturday in Belfast with the family and friends.. Also i spent a good part of the day trying to understand how this blog thing works out and making it looks a bit more "professional" LOL..!

What do you think so far?

Feel free to post in the comments your best dish with us... Recipes are always welcome and if you have questions or suggestions feel free to post them in the comments..

Happy Sunday..!

Pablo Alves.

3 comments:

  1. As you can see this blog will have a bit of everything... Yes we like the outdoors but we also need to fuel our bodies to be outdoors so we like good food..! my definition of good food is home made to begin with.. What about yours?

    ReplyDelete