Monday 23 May 2016

Last week(end) all together..

I been a bit down when it comes to writing, As you can see I also stopped promoting the blog as much as I used.. Would you like to know why? Short story is that Adsense kicked me out of their program and I am not making any money with this anymore...Not that £30 was a lot in 3 months..

But here I would try to show you where I was last week(end) with some pictures and links to the different routes I been doing...

Lets get started..!!!!

Monday: Recovery ride with Katja

This ride has absolutely nothing to do with distance, epic routes or breathtaking views... This ride was all about the company....


That is my wife joining me for a ride after almost a year of not touching the bike... She felt horrible and had to dismount a few times to make it up the hills but she got out and that is the best part... Is great to still be able to share something else then raising the kids with your best friend and partner..

Tuesday and Wednesday I spent looking for jobs and doing house work... I bet you don't want to see me cooking and cleaning floor or doing dishes so I am not going to post pictures of that...

Thursday: 150...80....and 38 C

What all those numbers mean? Hold on I am getting there... As you already know by now I am a heavy bike rider (trying to be a cyclist) and as everyone else with my body type I tend to smash the pedals when riding.. So I set out with the idea of trying to improve on my cadence... I normally do an average of 70 to 80 rpm's and I was trying to hold 80 or more for most of the ride... That is the 80 number.

150? that was what I was trying to hold my heart rate at... Not letting it go above by much most of the time since it was a bit hard to breath... I am getting over a cold and I heard a million times that is not good to push to hard when you are sick or getting over a virus.. So that is the 150 number story.

38 C? That one kind of explains itself right|? I mean that was the temperature when I got home after the ride... Yes it was hot.. Yes is not even Summer here and I am already dealing with this temps.. Will be fun when August gets here.. So lets say I am training for the hot days to come... 38 celcius is 100 F for those that don't want to look it up....

And what did I do this day? Strava link says 60 km with 800 meters of climbing.. Oh and I did manage to hold the numbers..!

Prove of the heat?


Some publicity there for +Garmin

Friday: Power(less)

After Thursday's ride I wanted to ride up the hill a bit more and see if my cadence was any different from previous efforts... So I headed out for the hills... I would say that took about 10 pedal strokes to realized that I was out for a looong ride since I felt absolutely empty and had no power to turn the pedals.... A normal person feeling that way would turn around and head home... Me? Well I am not normal...

So as I was starting to climb the first real climb of the day.. Sorry second climb of the day I saw a couple riding in the distance... Here I was still trying to maintain a high cadence and I realized that it was a matter of time before I caught up with them.. So I kept an eye on them... Took me like 10 minutes at my own pace to first catch up with the lady.... And then I caught up with the husband (I talked for a bit with the lady before passing her) He was having a similar pace to mine so we talked on and off for a while...

For my surprise they were from Portadown in +Northern Ireland Tourist Board and you know I lived there for a while so we were talking about the green island for a while and different places before each one went on their own directions... Cycling open the doors of so many places..!!

What did I do riding ways?? Strava says 51 km and 1000 meters of climbing....

Pics?


My trusty +Trek Bicycle looking over +Mijas Pueblo España

Saturday: Beach with the family!! 

I am a family man and I promised the kids and wife we would go to a place called +Estepona Malaga for some exploring of the local beaches... So after using +Google Maps for a while we discover or this beach called Playa del Cristo...

We got there before noon and set up our area with towels, umbrella, cooler with food (we never go anywhere without food) cool drinks for us and then was relax time..!!!

Water in the Mediterranean was cold but I still managed to swim on and off for over an hour...Felix we had to pull him out of the water every time we saw his lips getting blue.. Kids..!!!

And this was a great opportunity to work on my cycling tan...


Note: this was our first time swimming in the Mediterranean sea.. 2 things that caught my attention.. ! the water is has higher levels of salt compared to the Atlantic... 2- Damn is cold for a place that is almost never cold..!

Sunday: Climbing with Frisco and Antonio

As the title says we headed for the hills... You saw me riding this ones before but is always nicer to do it with someone else..

Some pictures of our adventure?

Antonio having a bad day.. (thanks God he was!!!)

Frisco having a normal day... Actually waiting for us while going up... I was in between these 2 pictures.. (top and bottom)


Then reaching the top I "sprinted" (can't say this with a straight face) to snap some shots..

Frisco first..


Antonio's turn...


Then was the second climb of the day... Frisco got bored of us...


Antonio wasn't too far behind him....


And me? Forget it..!!! I will enjoy the view....


By the end of the day Strava said we did 83 km and 1600 meters of climbing... No bad for a fat guy.

So that was my week(end)... Thanks for reading..!!! Thanks for sharing..!!! See you next time..!!

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment