Friday 1 July 2016

Puerto de las Abejas trip... I wanted to do more....BUT...!!!

So I decided to go out and catch up with a fast group and see what tired legs are made out of…. Lucky me I could not find them so I headed out on my own to see what I could do… During the first hour I was feeling great..! Man I think I am going to beat some times today… I was going mostly downhill and flats till the first climb started…
The first pat of the climb? I was good.. No more great… Started to feel the weight of the legs and the bad knee was saying hello… I had some company..
This is after the first 4 or 5 km of climbing… After that it was a dead march to the top.. It was 10 more km to go… Not a cow picture.. Zoology is not my strength
When I see this sign I know is about 5 km to the top of the climb.. Welcome to Yunquera..!
And they want to remind me of how bad I climb.. With a sign that says Mountain Roads…!!! I see them buddy..! I feel them..!


But I finally I made it to the top.. Oh look..! I got my Podium Jersey fixed..!! Zipper needed to be changed in 3 of my jerseys..


Then I took picture of random riders coming to the top..


As I started talking to them one of them made a comment.. About "mate" my national tea remember? so it happened that he was married to a woman from Paraguay… My mom is from Paraguay..!!! And his wife is even from the same city that my mom is originally from..! How small is the world??


When I turned around this views were waiting for me..


Another angle?? Couldn’t make up my mind so I post them both


So on and off I rode 71 km, climbed 1375 meters in about 3:30 hours.. The other thing that is very interesting? As I was riding I saw two guys I recognized.. Started to get Hola Pablo as I am riding..! Started to be recognized in the local cycling community..!

Another thing that I would like to share with you all and invite you to join if you wish to do so is The Weekend Report Club in +Strava  on that way you can become part of an amazing community from people from all over the world...

Thanks for reading this blog and if you wish to share it.. Go for it..

See you at the next adventure

Pablo

The Weekend Report Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment